why the pacher is not workyng, i have a error probably for i am using windows or i am using a .nkit iso file for mario sunshine
Oops! All Chucksters
A downloadable mod for Windows
Super Mario Sunshine: Oops! All Chucksters is a mod for the classic title with a singular improvement over the original: every NPC is a Chuckster! After speaking with them, they will throw Mario in various directions. Elevate your gameplay to a brand new level- literally!
- Open the downloaded archive and run
Original Fileto a copy of the USA GameCube
.isoof the game (Not provided. Downloading ROMS off the internet is illegal, do this at your own risk). If you have a
.gcminstead, you can rename the extension. NOTE: The patch will only work on a rip of the full disc image, it should be about 1.4GB. If you are unable to patch, or the game crashes on start, you likely have the wrong base file.
XDelta patchto the patch file provided
- Make sure to select
Backup Original Filein the settings, and also make sure
Checksum Validationis disabled.
Apply Patch. Once finished, you will end up with a
- Open your new patched iso in Dolphin
- Piantissimo and Shadow Mario do not chuck
- Sometimes characters who talk to Mario automatically after a cutscene do not chuck. This appears to be completely random and based on timing.
- Episode names are incorrect.
To report additional issues please ping me on Twitter or leave a comment.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The patch was built off a specific iso rip. There appears to be some differences between all the rips circulating around, and this can cause issues with the patch. 2 things:
- You'll want to look around and try a few rips of the USA version. the one I used should be the most common USA version rip.
- additionally, you'll want to turn off checksum validation in the patcher settings. Sometimes, even with the correct rip, the validation step still fails due to Windows changing the metadata on the file when you download it. With checksum validation turned off the patcher will never fail, but if you still have the wrong base iso it will crash in dolphin almost instantly.
Is there any way to get this working on Mac? it feels like the essential way to play the game
there could be similar xdelta tools on mac but i do not own one so i am unaware of them. but the patched iso should work fine on mac, you just may need to use a windows pc to build it
Adding on to this, if you don't have a Windows PC for whatever reason you can always download a windows 10 image from Microsoft's website and just fire up a VM for it, Build the patched iso, and transfer it out through a shared folder.
This is art